Consolidation of manufacturer’s manuals.
Original manufacturer’s manuals are included for every piece of equipment in the facility. All documentation is fully seachable – do text searches of individual equipment manuals or of the entire set.
Intuitive hyperlinked index structure.
“Web-style”, “point and click” navigation allows quick “drill-down” to required information, generally in less than one minute. No learning curve for anyone who has “surfed” the internet.
Construction Drawings of Facility Provides Graphic Interface to Manufacturer’s Manuals
A complete set of construction drawings and specifications are including in the manual. Indices are fully hyperlinked for quick navigation.
Equipment Location Drawings. Key drawings from the plans are used to provide a graphic interface to manufacturer’s equipment manuals. Technicians are able to locate a specific piece of equipment on the drawing and “click-on” it to pull up the manual for that piece of equipment. Examples of this include:
- Mechanical Plans: links to manuals for air handlers, VAV boxes, fire dampers, boilers, pumps, etc.
- Electrical Reflected Ceiling Plans: links to manuals for light fixtures.
- Architectural Floor Plans and Door Schedules: links to hardware groups and manufacturers specifications for door hardware.
System Diagrams. Key drawings from the plans are used to provide a graphic interface to clarify the location and operation of system controls. Systems are typically “color-coded” to facilitate easy understanding of what portion of the system is affected by a control device (valve, damper, actuator, switch, etc.). Examples of this include:
- Plumbing Plan: color-coded domestic water piping plan; cold water indicated by blue, hot water indicated by red; valve locations highlighted
- HVAC Duct Plan. Ductwork color coded to match air-handler (example: “blue” AC-1 supplies “blue” zone on second floor) so that technicians know quickly which tenants will be affected by a shutdown.
Cross-linking of information
Extensive cross-linking in the manual allows multiple pathways to information to accommodate different users:
- Find information on a particular piece of equipment by “drilling down” through a simple index structure
- Access the same information by “clicking on” the piece of equipment on an Equipment Location Drawing
- Access the same information by scanning a QR code on the piece of equipment with an iOS device
Consolidated List of Preventive Maintenance Activities
The manual contains a compiled list of all manufacturer recommended preventive maintenance activities for each piece of equipment. Equipment is organized into groups by systems. The list is interactive allowing the maintenance technician to enter dates or hour-readings when a maintenance activity is performed, name of technician performing the service, and service-related comments. Hyper-links are provided from service task listings in the PM Schedule to the manufacturer’s procedure in their equipment manual for quick access during service work.
A compiled list of manufacturer’s warranties is provided with hyperlinks from the list to each warranty document. Contact information for requesting warranty service is provided.
Interactive Contact List
A user editable Contact List is provided for quick access to phone numbers, addresses, websites and e-mail addresses of the builder, subcontractors, equipment and service vendors, emergency contacts and any others that may be useful for routine or emergency assistance. New contact entries can be made by Maintenance Engineers or Facility Managers at any time.
QR Code Equipment Tagging
O&M Tech offers optional QR code tagging of equipment, which will allow Maintenance Technicians to automatically access the maintenance records and maintenance procedures for the equipment by scanning the tag with an iPad.
O&M Tech provides a linked index of connections to information sources (within the manual or on the internet) that may be useful for facility maintenance such as: forecast weather, weights and measures conversion table, calculator, OSHA regulations, MSDS information, DigAlert contact info and more. This section is customized to the specific needs of the facility.